Monday, January 23, 2012

Who doesn't love a mystery (quilt)?

Have you ever participated in a mystery quilt?  If not you are missing out on a lot of fun.  My Iowa Quilter's group decided that we would do a mystery quilt 2 years ago and I WAS HOOKED.  I just couldn't wait for the next clues to get emailed to me.  Each clue was like unwrapping a present bit by bit.  I had no idea what that quilt would look like until the final layout was emailed.  Everyone should try a mystery quilt at least once.  I guarantee that you'll be hooked too!

Here's my first mystery quilt from the Iowa Quilter's....
Along with they mystery quilt we also did a block swap.  Each participant selected their color way.  Mine was red, white and black, as you can tell.  Then we sent blocks to each participant in their color and you received the blocks in your colors from everyone else. 

I had so much fun doing this that when AQS announced their first online mystery quilt, I had to do that one too.  Here are the pictures from that one.......
                             These are the "in progress" blocks

And here is the finished top.....
The latest issue of McCall's Quilting is starting a 3 part mystery quilt.  I'm in the process of searching for just the right fabric for my next mystery quilt.  Hmmmmmm,I'm thinking oriental/asian theme.

No comments:

Post a Comment